Thursday, October 30, 2014

FIELD TRIP


On Monday, October 27 was our field trip to La Fortaleza.  Those who didn't go missed out on the fun.  Those who did go, thank you for being on time and following the rules.  

You can check my Facebook page where I uploaded an album of the pictures taken.  Here are a few pictures:










Now for your blog assignment:  answer the following questions in complete sentences.  If you did NOT attend the field trip, your assignment is explained further down.

QUESTIONS for those students who went on the field trip:

1.  Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan?  Why or why not?
2.  What did you like most about the field trip?
3.  What did you NOT like about the field trip?
4.  What were some of the places you visited or saw?
5.  Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza?  Why or why not?
6.  What's your opinion about the tour guide?
7.  Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
8.  Where did you have lunch?
9.  What did you have for lunch?
10.  If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?


Questions for the students who DID NOT attend field trip:

1. Have you ever visited La Fortaleza?
2. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you recommend others to visit? Why?
3. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you NOT recommend for others to visit? Why not?
4. Do you tour around the island frequently?
5. When was the last time you toured a part of the island? Where did you go?
6. Do you like to tour the island? Why or why not?
7. What place would you like to visit on the island that you  have NEVER visited?  Why?
8. Have you ever traveled outside of Puerto Rico?  Where?
9. What place would you like to visit in the United States?  Why?
10. What place would you like to visit that is NOT Puerto Rico or the United States?  Why?


TASK:  COPY the questions.  Answer the questions in COMPLETE SENTENCES.  Leave a space between each response (double space).

DATE DUE:  November 19, 2014

Evaluation:  25 points (20 response, 5 punctuality & following instructios) 

8 comments:

  1. Lisayra Rivera RodriguezNovember 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

    1.Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?


    Yes I did because I never visited before “La Fortaleza”.


    2. What did you like most about the field trip?


    The most I liked about the trip was spending time with my classmates and the professor; also I enjoy a lot walking around the old San Juan.


    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?


    I didn’t like that at the “Fortaleza” we didn’t see the governor of Puerto Rico and they didn’t show us the 2nd floor.


    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?


    We went to “La Fortaleza”, the butterfly museum, pigeon place, Cruise jetty, “El Morro” and the public bathroom of the old lady.


    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?


    Yes I like the tour because it has interesting, beautiful and historical parts.


    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?


    The tour guide was a nice person but I think she didn’t like to talk us in English because she was complaining all the tour.


    7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.


    I learn that at la Fortaleza, the office of the governor is at the 2nd floor, the house it’s at the 3rd and also it has a basement were they kept the gold and the bombs.


    8. Where did you have lunch?


    I went to Wendy’s for lunch.


    9. What did you have for lunch?


    I had a Wendy’s pack for lunch.


    10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?


    I recommend a better bus line with air conditioner and visit more interesting places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline Morales LugoNovember 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM

    1. Have you ever visited La Fortaleza?


    Yes but never went inside, just saw around it.


    2. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you recommend others to visit? Why?


    I recommend “El Yunque” because it’s a natural place that I love to go just to walk and relax at the water fall.


    3. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you NOT recommend for others to visit? Why not?


    I don’t recommend the Dry Forest of Guanica Puerto Rico because it’s a very dry and hot place and you need to be hydrated and have snacks to walk around the forest.


    4. Do you tour around the island frequently?


    Yes I do, I love to do that.


    5. When was the last time you toured a part of the island? Where did you go?


    Since I’m studying and working full time I don’t have a lot of time to do tours. But last time I went on a tour around the island visiting, “Plaza Las Americas”, “El Morro” and ending shopping at the Outlets of Barceloneta.


    6. Do you like to tour the island? Why or why not?


    Yes I do because I love Puerto Rico and the interesting places. Tourist love to visit us and our beaches, why don’t we appreciate what we have and have more fun with the little things?


    7. What place would you like to visit on the island that you have NEVER visited? Why?


    There’s a place called “Toro Verde” that I would love to go, it’s expensive but the attractions are great. I think it’s an unforgettable place.


    8. Have you ever traveled outside of Puerto Rico? Where?


    Yes, I went to New York and Florida.


    9. What place would you like to visit in the United States? Why?


    I would like to visit Canada to see the snow because by the time I went to New York there was no snow because I went for summer. I want to go to the Yankees Stadium to see a game even though my favorite player Jetter it’s not playing anymore. Also I want a picture at the Eiffel Tower, go to Vegas, and go to China and learn a couple of words.


    10. What place would you like to visit that is NOT Puerto Rico or the United States? Why?


    Europe because its sound interesting and different of what I’m used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josivette Rosado BabiloniaNovember 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM

    1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    The trip to old San Juan if I like it was even more interesting and had never visited the Fortaleza.

    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    Fortaleza one that travel on the bus with my classmates was a total mess.

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    Everything about the tour was interesting just would have liked to have entered the fort but refused.

    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    During the field trip we passed through the nose and then visited the Fortaleza Square pigeons, Souvenir shops, streets of Old San Juan and butterfly museum.

    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
    What I did not like the tour was when we did the walk in Fortaleza I thought we were going to go even if the first floor and could only be in the basement and garden.

    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
    My opinion of the guide was that I wanted to be very friendly and did not leave him personally.

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
     It was built between 1533 and 1540 to defend the port of San Juan de Puerto Rico.
     I learned that the governor lives on the third floor of the fortress and nobody but you work on the Fortress is not allowed to enter the third floor where the governor resides with his family.
     The Fortaleza is also known as Palacio de Santa Catalina.

    8. Where did you have lunch?
    Well my colleagues and I were eager to eat. We did not know much about Old San Juan so we opted to eat in the first place I saw Wendy's.

    9. What did you have for lunch?
    I ordered eating Wendy Pack containing (frosty, hamburger, fries, soda).

    10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    Personally the tour was very interesting and funny I have no recommendation to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    Yes i enjoy the trip to Old San Juan. Because I've never visited before.


    2. What did you like most about the field trip? The beautiful garden and the big barrel guns.


    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip? The inside of the fortress.


    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw? The garden,church,butterfly museum,armory and the inside of the fortress.


    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not? it was cool because i never been there.


    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide? she was funny and very good doin her job.


    7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza. the first floor are for the first lady and the second are the doberment office and the third is the house of the family



    8. Where did you have lunch? in wendys in old san juan.



    9. What did you have for lunch? chiken sandwich.



    10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have? any

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not? Yes enjoy the trip to San Juan because I could share with classmates and visiting the Fort.


    2. What did you like most about the field trip? What I liked most of the trip was to learn a little more about the history of San Juan and share with my colleagues.


    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip? The pass well liked everything.


    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw? Fort San Cristobal "El Morro".


    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not? Yes I enjoyed the trip to La Fortaleza because I could learn about what there is.


    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide? My opinion of the guide is a person who knows a lot about the history of San Juan.


    7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza. I learned that the third floor of The Fortaleza is the governor's house, the second floor are the offices where the governor works and the La Fortaleza built to guard the bay did not work.


    8. Where did you have lunch? Lunch at Wendy's.


    9. What did you have for lunch? I lunch a spicy chicken.


    10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have? I would recommend going to Toro Verde.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    Enjoy a visit to Old San Juan because it is the second time I go and I like the different things to which I'm accustomed to seeing.

    2. What did you like MOST about the field trip?
    What I liked most of the tour was the trolley ride around san juan

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    I do not like visiting the fort, hoping at least to take us to the 2nd floor, but it was only about.

    4. What Were some of the places you visited or saw?
     The Morro , museums

    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
    I did not like the tour of the fort, we expected to teach within the 2nd floor but it was only in surroundings.

    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
    I think the guide from the start if I knew that the class was English, must have been having in English and not getting with ignorance to complain, and that's why it's guide, you should be accustomed to speak 2 languages without problems.

    7. Mention three things you acerca Learned Stronghold.
    The fort is the governor's house, where the governor's office and when this white flag means the gobernador is there.

    8. Where did you have lunch?
    Wendy's

    9. What did you Have for lunch?
    Chicken Sandwich.

    10. If we where to go again, what recommendation would you Have?
    Would recommend heading to san juan turistiar all except museums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Licelis Rodríguez CardonaNovember 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

    1. Have you ever visited La Fortaleza?
    No, I have never visited the Fort. I know where it is located but I have not had a chance to visit it.


    2. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you recommend others to visit? Why?
    In Puerto Rico there are many places for tourist attraction, but I recommend is a river located in San Sebastian called Gozalandia. I recommend it because besides being fun the beauty of nature that exists in Puerto Rico is observed.


    3. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you NOT recommend for others to visit? Why not?
    There are many places in Puerto Rico that I have not visited but would not recommend the beach Ballena in Guanica that I consider very dangerous especially if there are children.


    4. Do you tour around the island frequently?
    No, long time I'm not going to walk around the island makes.


    5. When was the last time you toured a part of the island? Where did you go?
    The last time I went on a tour of the island was in 2010 and I went to visit Old San Juan.


    6. Do you like to tour the island? Why or why not?
    Yes, I like to explore the island that I find funny and have a good time.


    7. What place would you like to visit on the island that you have NEVER visited? Why?
    I would visit the Yunke because I really striking and I have talked a lot about it and wanted to visit him.


    8. Have you ever traveled outside of Puerto Rico? Where?
    If, one year I was living in Atlanta, Georgia and was hard at first but I got used and I loved it.


    9. What place would you like to visit in the United States? Why?
    I would visit the state of Chicago and the main reason is that I have many relatives in that place many years ago I do not see.


    10. What place would you like to visit that is NOT Puerto Rico or the United States? Why?
    The place I most like to visit is Israel since childhood I attracted attention because it is a country full of mysteries and is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    I liked it because I got to meet the strength which is the residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico and some people would like to go see. It was a nice experience because it is something different for us as students.

    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    What I liked most was how much we enjoyed on the bus singing and dancing and grounds of the fort loved.

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    The only thing I did not like was that the tour of the fortress was very short and I wish albeit Go To the governor's office.

    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    The places you visit that day apart from La Fortaleza was La Plaza de Las Palomas and El Paseo de la Princesa.

    5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
    If I liked it because it was something different and knew a little more of its history, the only thing I did not like was that the tour was very fast.

    6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
    My opinion about the guide is good as explained to us and told us the story completely and sometimes the things we did not understand the saying in Spanish although sometimes the teacher scolded.

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
    I learned that there is a tree of Madagascar and is the only one in Puerto Rico, the tecer floor is the residence of the governor and his family and just enter your friends and family or people who are authorized.

    8. Where did you have lunch?
    My lunch was at Wendy's Old San Juan.

    9. What did you have for lunch?
    I had lunch a few fries loaded and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.

    10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    If we go again we were touring my recommendation would Toro Verde or Cueva Ventana.

    ReplyDelete